- Has the L.A. lifestyle of driving, sitting, writing, texting and typing led to muscular pain in your neck, back, shoulders or hips?
- Do you have a hard time engaging your abs or glutes?
- Are your shoulders rolling forward due to bad posture?
- Can you no longer sit up straight, without a struggle due to tight hamstrings and a weak upper back?
- Are you not seeing the results you desire from your current trainer?
Pilates Body LA provides SAFE private training & group classes using Cadillacs, Reformers, Wunda Chairs, Magic Circles and low impact Jump Board to keep your heart and your joints healthy and happy.
Summer created Pilates Body LA after the LA lifestyle of commuting, desk work, a bad back and lack of sleep from discomfort drove her to find, master and to teach a safe modality of exercise that would not injure the back/neck due to extreme spinal flexion (leaning forward). Summer created a Classical/Contemporary/Occupational Pilates hybrid that accommodates all body types, and keeps the focus on supporting weak or injured areas of the body at all times.
All shapes and sizes can enjoy moving and exercising their body again, whether it be in a private, semi private or group setting. We focus not only on form inside the studio, but on teaching you how to apply it to daily life outside of the studio, as well. Showing you how to properly and safely bend, sit up, pick up items from the floor, drive with proper posture, and to stand properly without locking out your knees.
LOCATIONS: Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice, Malibu and the Pacific Palisades, CA. Current studio offerings for training:
- Yasmin Pilates in Marina del Rey/Venice, CA on Washington Blvd (9 mins from Ocean Park/Santa Monica) provides Gratz based Reformers, Cadillacs, Wunda Chairs, Electric Chair, High Barrel and many other Pilates props for your privates, duos and trios. We also offer group class sign up on MindBodyOnline under PILATES BODY LA for all our locations. We provide lessons and group classes from 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week, with free parking in the garage below. Water, coffee, tea, dog and child friendly. $75 Privates, $35 Group Class, $45 duos. $5 off per class/private lessons when you purchase a 10 pack, good for up to one year.
- The Pilates Fitness Center in Pacific Palisades, CA hosts our Tuesday and Thursday evening classes, with on-line sign up through their site www.thepilatesfitnesscenter.com using MindBody scheduling. Tuesday and Thursday traditional Reformer classes start at 5:30pm and 6:30pm. Sign up cuts off at 3pm the day of the classes, so sign up prior to 3pm the day of class to secure your spot. 2 hours of free validating parking in the garage below, and college students can sign up for $20 evening group reformer class anytime.
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel's Ocean Spa and Fitness in Santa Monica, CA is the home of our Pilates Mat classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4pm, and Wednesday and Friday at 12pm (noon) for members of the Ocean Spa & Fitness, as well as visiting guests of the Loews Hotel. Join this exclusive gym and spa for free classes, beachside heated pool/hot tub, sauna and steam rooms. Classes are free with your monthly membership!
- Pilates on Pico in Santa Monica, CA is our completely private westside studio, located on Pico and Main street at 216 Pico Blvd. Privates here are $80 a session with only you and your trainer for 55 mins in a completely private Balance Body studio with Cadillac, Wunda and Reformers. Group classes are also forming late Sept 2017.